Honey cake baking with kids in the morning…
Whenever I bake with kids, I always make up a recipe sheet they can take home with them. In this case, however, I suspect parents might be aghast at what exactly is in this cake. Most people prefer not to know. Me, I love it!!!
Here’s a link to last year’s honey cakes. Yes, happy birthday, this brand-new blog is turning a YEAR OLD next week. :-o
Here’s how I made my Rosh Hashanah Honey Cake!
(From: "Second Helpings, Please!")
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1½ cup liquid honey
- 3 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup cold coffee
- ½ cup nuts, if desired
- ½ cup raisins, if desired
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2. Beat eggs. Add sugar slowly, add the oil, honey. Mix on low until creamy.
- 3. Combine dry ingredients and add alternately with coffee to creamy liquid.
- 4. Stir in nuts and raisins, if using (soak raisins for ½ hour first
- 5. Pour into ungreased 10" tube pan , or 3 x loaf pans
- 6. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes,
- 7. Reduce heat to 300° and bake for 1 hour more.
- 8. Remove from oven, invert and cool completely before removing from pan(s).
Note: add 1 tsp cinnamon & allspice, and 1/4 tsp nutmeg to dry ingredients for honey spice cake.
Here, have some honey cake!
Post a Comment
Okay, guys... I'm turning moderation OFF on all my blogs. I will be patrolling for spam, so play nice!