I wrote on here back in June about my deep-seated, irrational NEED for a piecaken. If you don’t remember, or have no clue what that is, you can read about it here . So today I did – kind of. Except it was an utter disaster, the most cr*ptacular confection I think I have ever confected. And in case anyone thinks I am some kind of Superwoman who never blogs her failures, here ya go, in delicious step-by-step horribility… Starting out on a promising foot with a delicious pie. I used a sheet of malawach pastry for the top crust, rolled thin. I’ve done it before and it actually makes a pretty decent, flaky / tasty crust. Oh, inside this there is cherry pie filling. And I cut proper vents, four of them, right in the middle. The top crust wasn’t attached perfectly at the edges, as you can see… …but that still doesn’t exactly explain what happened when I went to “decant” the pie on top of some of the cake mix. Oh, yeah, did I mention I whipped up some cake mix in the mean
Day 552: I’m Obsolete.
15 hours ago